Tuesday, February 7, 2012

what are you wearing?

It is the first thing I put on each morning. Even before my clothes. I wrap it around me like a warm blanket. When I am ready to leave my house, I slide it on and button it up like a winter coat. It is the first thing people notice when they see me. I have many of them, so every reaction is different. It depends on which one I am wearing at the time.



Want me to tell you what I am referring to?


MY ATTITUDE!!


That's right, we all have one. And we all get to choose which one we put on. Lucky for us, we have direct access to the ultimate Designer. He's already told us in His Manual what looks best.





"Your words now reflect your fate then: either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned." Matthew 12: 37 TLB






"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," Galatians 5:22






"Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor, and clothe yourself in honor and
majesty." Job 40:10





Sometimes the one I leave my house in is NOT the one I wear throughout the day. It changes. That is why it is so important for us to, "pray continually..." (1 Thessalonians 5:17.)



I'm no fashion expert, that's for sure. But I can tell you that if you want to make a positive statement with your "wardrobe", allow God to dress you each morning.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful gift of heavenly perspective. This is exactly why I love reading this blog! You'll be able to collect all of these and make a book. (By the way, I thought you were talking about putting on a bra each morning. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I am doing. The book is called, "365 Days of Grace." That is the idea behind this blog. Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll have a manuscript. Until then, I've published some of them on different Christian websites. We'll see what happens... glad you enjoy reading it.

      Delete