Thursday, February 9, 2012

don't miss the party

"For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy."
1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

My son is in kindergarten. His class will be celebrating Valentine's Day this Friday with a party. JP is so excited! All week we have been preparing for the big event. We bought a box of Valentines for his classmates, we went out and bought a big bag of assorted candy to pass out. He was so proud because he addressed each Valentine all by himself! What fun!

JP is very smart. He is beginning to read and he writes fairly well for his age. There's just one problem. Often times he is so distracted by his surroundings during the day, he doesn't get his work done. This has been a big problem recently. He LOVES school, he just has better things to do than work! Tonight when I was tucking him in bed, he asked me if tomorrow was the day he would get "valentimes" from his friends. I answered, "Yes, but if you do not finish your work, you may miss the party." He promised me that he would work really hard. So, we shall see!

It is a little unfair for me to get so upset at JP when I have the very same problem. In this classroom called LIFE, I am usually so distracted by everything going on around me, I tend to stop working. This can be very dangerous. Why? Because there's going to be a party. It will take place in Heaven and God wants all of us to be there! As a student of Christ, my assignment on this earth is to pass out as many invitations as I can. If I get distracted on a daily basis and fail to complete my work, there might be someone who misses out on the party. All because of me.

Lord, help me to stay focused on You at all times during my day. It really is the key to becoming a successful student!

Everything you need to know in life, you actually DO learn in kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment