Thursday, February 23, 2012

are you smarter than a five year old?

My sweet five year old son has been sick for the past two days. It literally breaks my heart to see him like this. You truly do wish you could take it away from them. My husband and I have felt so sorry for JP and have felt so helpless. Little did we know he wasn't quite so worried...
This is a conversation that took place between Scott and JP in bed earlier this evening:
JP: Daddy, I'm sick.
SCOTT: I know, buddy. I don't like to see you sick. I wish I could make it all better.
JP: Don't be sorry, daddy. It's okay. I prayed and God's gonna make me better.
What a powerful statement. JP might be small, but his faith is GIGANTIC! I wonder what would happen if we exercised that same faith! Whether we're physically sick, or spiritually suffering, God wants to heal us.
He may be waiting on us to come to Him with a believing heart!
"Out of the mouth of babes and infants, you have established strength because of
your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger."
(Psalms 8:2 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment