Wednesday, February 1, 2012

God painted a smile today

There is usually nothing pretty about my morning. In addition to myself, I have the responsibility of getting my five year old son out of bed, fed, dressed and out the door for school. We leave our house at 7:00, so each morning, I am pulled out of my dreams and onto the cold, hardwood floor at 5:30. And each morning I am less than excited. No one will ever accuse me of being a morning person!
This morning was no different. My son was very cooperative, so while our morning was operating pretty smoothly, I was still grumpy simply because I was awake! My, how I longed to be enveloped in the warm comfort of my soft bed...
I dropped JP off in the car line and headed down the ramp and onto the highway towards work. Once the trees cleared my vision, I saw it. The most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen. God had painted purple, red, pink and white across the blue backdrop sky. Breathtaking.
"... He is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the
brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth."
2 Samuel 23:4
All of a sudden, I wasn't so grumpy. My pouty portrait had been replaced with a smile, painted by God. There was nothing left for me to do but thank Him for sharing His canvas with me at that moment. It was just what I needed.
Too often, we get so entangled in our daily responsibilities that we miss our sunrise. I would like to encourage you, today, to stop what you're doing from time to time and glance around you..
God might have a painting He wants to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment