Sunday, February 5, 2012

overwhelmed

My church is beginning a new series next week entitled, "Overwhelmed." I am looking more forward to this sermon series than any other one we've done. By the grace of God, I have never been the victim of drugs, or wrestled with alcohol addiction. However, I have enough material in my life to write a novel on feeling overwhelmed.
My husband has suffered from Crohn's disease, other auto-immune diseases, and dangerous infections (as a result of multiple surgeries) for the past several years. I will certainly spare you the ugly details, but living with chronic illness is NO picnic. For anyone. I have found myself juggling my job, motherhood, our home and being a caregiver to my husband, more times than I can count. Overwhelmed? Yes, I am quite familiar with it.
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7
During those times in my life when I feel like I am being pulled into the violent current of my circumstances, God uses this verse to stabilize my feet in the sand. I'm sure you have found yourself struggling to stand alongside the water's edge. You may be there now. If so, close your eyes and ask the Creator of the waves to hold you.
And rest assured that He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment