Tuesday, February 28, 2012

put on the right shoes!

I have heel spurs. There are days when I come home from work and I can barely walk. Literally. On Tuesday nights I am taking a class at a local University. I get home around 9:00. Well, by the time I rolled in from class tonight, I was in tears. I immediately kicked off my shoes and went straight to bed. I desperately needed to put my feet up. Poor thing...
Don't feel sorry for me!
I do not wear the appropriate shoes! My mother fusses at me all the time. Not only do I not wear shoes that have extra support for my heels, I wear FLATS most of the time. They are cute, but provide me with no support or protection whatsoever. How stupid is that? If I refuse to wear the proper apparrel, I only have myself to blame for my pain.
As Christians, what type of gear do we suit up in before leaving home? In Ephesians 6:11, we are instructed to, "put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." How many more times do we have to rush home in tears before we remember to dress in the appropriate "clothing?" We MUST put on the support and protection of our Savior! Unfortunately, the pain of this world will not disappear, but it will be a whole lot easier to bear...trust me.
Do you need to change your shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment