Thursday, February 16, 2012

turn it loose

My son, JP, loves balloons. For Valentine's Day, I bought him a green frog balloon that said, "I Love You" on the front of it. It was really cute and boy did he love it! I definitely got my money's worth out of it (which was only a dollar!) He has carried it all over the house, played with it in his room, and tortured the dog a little.

Today while I was in the kitchen washing dishes, JP walked up to me and said, "Mommy, it's time to let my balloon go." Puzzled, I looked at him and said, "What do you mean, 'let it go'?" His answer brought tears to my eyes. "I want to give it to God." I'm sure you can guess what we did next...he grabbed his balloon by the string and we headed out the door. Once we were in the driveway, he turned it loose. We stood and watched as his gift was carried away with the wind. I smiled.

What do you need to let go of today? If you are anything like me, you may not know where to begin. Spend a little time with God in His word. Eventually, He will reveal to you exactly what you're holding on to. And then He only asks you to do one thing...

Grab the string, look to the Son and turn it loose!

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, this is truly the most convicting blessing! Thank you, for sharing your love and experiences so many more can be blessed as you have been. I am on my knees in prayer and love for what you've given me by sharing this. Thank you, servant of God.

    ReplyDelete