Monday, February 13, 2012

the light stick

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?" Psalm 27:1
Our worship service was amazing Sunday. The message ended with our pastor encouraging all of us to be a light in the dark world. They gave each of us a glow stick. I'm sure you've seen them. They are usually green until you break them and then they turn a glowing yellow. The sticks were to serve as a tangible reminder, throughout our week, to "shine."
My son loves those sticks. My husband saved his until we picked JP up from his class. When he saw us, he immediately zeroed in on the prize! Scott broke it and handed it to him. His reaction was so cute... "Thank you, daddy, now I don't have to be afraid of the dark!" JP thanked him all the way home. It was so sweet!
And so profound. One day, God handed us His Light...
When was the last time we said thank you?
Thank You Father! Because of Jesus, we don't have to be afraid of the Dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment