Monday, March 12, 2012

the script

I promised that I would post a new devotion today. I have been sitting here staring at the blinking cursor for almost an hour. I have several that I have been working on for a week now. When I sit down to complete them, however, my mind goes blank. It is very frustrating, however, I know what the problem is.


I am the one trying to write them! By now, I should know better. I STINK as a writer! That probably sounds funny seeing as that's how I am trying to earn my living. But, it's true. It never fails, every time I sit down to write something, it doesn't flow and most of the time it's just not good. It's not until I clear out my heart and mind, and pray for God to use me as His vessel that a piece is worth reading. And I know that, so you would think I would stop trying!


We do that, as Christians, don't we? We attempt to write the story of our lives. And it's not our book! Each day I am learning more and more just how weak I am. When am I going to learn that I will NOT be productive until I sit back and allow the Author to take charge of the manuscript! It has taken me a VERY LONG and boring hour to finally realize what God is asking me to do.


"... for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
I need to remove my fingers from the keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment