Monday, March 19, 2012

fruit of the.....what??

When it's hot outside, I LOVE to eat fruit. Actually, I love to eat fruit ANYTIME! At any given time you are likely to find strawberries, bananas, blueberries or apples in my kitchen. My mouth waters just thinking about them!


Unfortunately, these are not the only types of fruit you'll find in my home. Below is a list of a few I have been known to carry around in my basket:

  • Anger
  • Bitterness
  • Pride
  • Slothfulness
  • Gluttony
  • Dishonesty

I don't know about you, but when I load up my basket with these fleshly fruits, it definitely weighs me down. I should not be surprised. God has given us a list of His preferred fruit in His word.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness..." Galatians 5:22

In order for me to be spiritually healthy, I must replace what's in my basket with the fruit God intended for me to tote around! It's MUCH lighter!

What's in your basket?

No comments:

Post a Comment