Tuesday, March 27, 2012

blessed

*THIS IS AN OLD BLOG POST FROM MY FAMILY BLOG. GOD USED IT TO SPEAK TO ME, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT WITH YOU*
"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to
Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I have been really emotional lately and praising Jesus for the blessings in my life. I have so
many. It is so easy for me to forget how much good God has allowed in my life. I was at my girlfriend's cabin the other weekend for a girl's night. On the way home I was talking with one of the girls about money. We were complaining about how we never seem to have enough. She said that a few weeks ago she told her husband that she was "so tired of being poor!" His response to her made the hairs stand up on my arm. He said, "Honey, don't say that. We are not poor! We just do not have any money." WOW! She has no idea what an impression that made on me.


God used his comment to put things in perspective for me. Yes, gas prices have sky-rocketed. No, we do not eat out anymore. No, we do not live in a fancy home or drive fancy cars. But we DO have jobs. We DO live in a home and have a roof over our heads. We DO have a comfortable bed to sleep in at night. We do have a beautiful son. We DO have wonderful family and friends. We do have food in our cabinets and refrigerator. We are healthy.


Most importantly, we are loved and cherished by the CREATOR of the Universe! I challenge you to stop what you're doing right now, no matter where you are and whisper a thank you to God for all of your riches in Christ Jesus...


It is because of Him that we are not poor!


No comments:

Post a Comment