Monday, June 25, 2012

oh how he loves us

During Vacation Bible School a young child walked up to a sweet servant of a lady who was leading a craft activity.  "My mommy loves me so much,"  he said.  "Well, that's just wonderful.  And how do you know that?"  she asked, looking forward to his answer.  He simply said, "Because she tells me all the time."   This is actually a true story.  I spoke with this teacher yesterday in the grocery store.  She was moved to tears as she re-lived that precious moment. 


I am so thankful we have a Father who tells us "all the time" how much He loves us in His word.

 "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.  The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him."  1 John 3:1


One of my ALL TIME favorite praise songs is How He Loves Us by David Crowder Band.  I strongly encourage you to listen to the words if you have not heard them.  The lyrics are powerful and moving.  I cry every time I hear it. 



"....and we are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His grace is an ocean we're all sinking

And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way....

He loves us!"


What a beautiful picture. 


Thank  you, Father, for your unconditional love!



No comments:

Post a Comment