Sunday, June 10, 2012

good monday morning

If I have learned anything while walking down this path to becoming a (paid) writer, it's that it is a LONG, tiring, and overwhelming process.  It takes MORE than a lot of patience.  While patience may be a virtue, it is not a characteristic that I wear very well.  I tend to want things to happen overnight.  Immediately.  Unfortunately, becoming a published author does not happen that way.

This post is my sad attempt at explaining to you why I have been "slack" in posting my devotions.  There are several reasons. 
  1. God gives me the ideas.  I only put them down on paper for Him.  So, I am on His timetable when it comes to the material.  I have a couple of ideas I feel He's given me, I just haven't been able to sort them out on paper.
  2. In addition to the devotions, I am doing my best to keep my family blog up to date.  The JPBeamer blog is the site that advertisers pay me to write for.  And since I actually bring in a little money there, I have to keep it up to date!
  3. I thought I was finished with the manuscript for my children's book.  However, I was given an idea from another children's author (who has been published MANY times) on a different way to end my story...it was an amazing idea, so now mom and I are having to re-write some of the book.  And, of course, that takes time as well.
  4. While I am writing away, keeping my son entertained on a daily basis (while we're home for the summer) remains my #1 priority! 
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm making excuses.  I'm just PLAIN busy!  And every day I learn just how HUMAN I am.  I fail.  I screw up.  I procrastinate. 


I am painfully imperfect. 


I beg you to continue checking in with me on this site.  I will promise to post my devotions when I write them.  In the meantime, feel free to leave a message in the comment section if there are any topics you would like for me to cover, or if you have questions that I can help you with!


Every one have a SUPER Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment