Wednesday, June 6, 2012

beautiful

Now that I am out of school for the summer, I plan on spending each morning cleaning up around the house a little before my son and I head out to do something fun.  This morning, I was sweeping in JP's room when I came across a pile of cotton balls, and colored pom poms taped together in a big ball.  I quickly picked it up and walked towards the trash can to throw it away.  "Noooo!!!  Mommy, what are you doing?!"  His little voice screamed.  "I found this in your floor and I'm throwing it away." I said.

I have to admit, I was caught off guard when his eyes filled up with tears.  I asked him what was wrong.  "Mommy, that's not trash. I made it.  It's beautiful."   Now I won't sit here and tell you that I understand exactly what he made.  What I can tell you is that he was passionate about it. He was proud of it. And he made it VERY clear that it did NOT belong in the trash can! 


Needless to say, I left it alone.


The Holy Spirit used that moment to remind me that just because I do not find the beauty in something doesn't mean it's not beautiful.  And no matter who you are, what you look like or how you feel about yourself, God made YOU.  He's passionate about you. He is proud of you.  You are His creation.


And you're beautiful.




  

1 comment: