Wednesday, June 13, 2012

life is good


I went to Publix after dinner to return a Blockbuster (Black-busturd, as my son calls it) Express movie.  I drove my husband's truck because I cannot listen to the Ipod in my car.  On the way there I cranked up Zac Brown Band's song, "Toes."   I know, I know!  But, I am a fan.  Their music always seems to whisk me away and drop me on a far away beach somewhere. in my mind.


There is a line at the beginning of the song that says, "Life is good today..."  I began to think about that.  Most of us do not have to walk too far before we stumble across negativity.  And at times I, too, am guilty of this charge.


In addition to my precious son, when I returned home from Guatemala I brought back with me a new found appreciation for my country.  Now, when I am tempted to complain about my surroundings or my circumstances, I try to remind myself of a few things:

  • I have running water.
  • I have a bed to sleep in at night.
  • The roof over my head does not leak. ( I HAVE a roof over my head.)
  • There is PLENTY food in my pantry and refrigerator.
  • I have a car.
  • I have heat/air.

You get the picture.


What do I really have to complain about?  And as children of God, we have even MORE to be thankful for!  This life is certainly not perfect.  But if you sit back and think about it,  Life is Good.  Every day.


I need to drive to Publix more often. 





No comments:

Post a Comment