Friday, November 18, 2011

thankful


We've established that life can be hard at times. However, even during the rough times, I can usually find something to be thankful for.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought I would share with you some things that I am thankful for in my life.



God- Without Him, I do not know where I would be. Well, I do...I just don't want to think about it. I am so thankful for the sacrifice He made when He offered His Son for MY sins.



My husband- I've been with Scott for ten years now. It has been a very long and bumpy road. We've made it through financial woes, one medical trauma after another, adoption, and the normal day to day stresses. He is my best friend and I love him more now than I did ten years ago. (And he probably won't even read this, so I really do mean that.)


JP- Where do I begin? I remember sitting in the swing on my front porch crying my eyes out while waiting for this little guy. The anxiety and anticipation and pain that accompanies International Adoption seems, at times, unbearable. But, oh the joy that floods your heart when you have them in your arms. Finally. He is so smart. So thoughtful and kind. So unique. He is the bright spot in all my days. (And the reason I went back on my anxiety meds, but I digress...) Ha!


Family- To say that I am close to my family would be quite the understatement. I am not sure how I would "do" life without them. Let's just say I do not have to look too far to see God. He shows Himself daily in our lives. I wouldn't want to share this earthly journey with anyone else. We are crazy, and at times very dysfunctional, but I love every minute I spend with them. And this also includes my in laws, and my extended family! Each person holds a very special place in my heart and I am very blessed and thankful that there are too many to list. Thank You, God.


Friends- I do not take for granted that I have been blessed with great friends. Most people are fortunate enough to go through life with a best friend. At least one. Sometimes two. God has, once again, gone overboard in this department. I have several handfuls of REALLY GOOD FRIENDS and several I would consider BEST friends. These friends bring out the better part of me. I love each of them and the uniqueness they add to my world.


Church- I love my church. I love it because I have not been able to be as active as I would have liked to be over this past year and they understand. My church knows that Jesus is more important than activities and calendars. They understand that family is top priority and there are seasons in life when serving doesn't always take place within the walls of the church. There is a reason my church is growing by leaps and bounds. It's because it is good. Really good.


Well, there you go. Please understand this is not the complete list of things I am thankful for. I could go on. And on. I would like to encourage you to sit down and make a list of your blessings. You may be surprised at how many there are. When you're done, post it somewhere in your home and read it often.


I promise it will make you smile!



Ephesians 5:20
"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ..."


No comments:

Post a Comment