Sunday, November 6, 2011

Season of Blah


Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven..."

Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Out of the four seasons, I think my favorite is Fall. I love to drive through the mountains as the leaves are changing. That's part of the reason I love living in South Carolina. You can drive one way, three hours or less, and be on the ocean. OR, you can drive forty five minutes and be in the mountains. What a blessing.

There are also spiritual seasons. You've heard of them. Here are a few:



  • Fired-up! This is the season in your walk when you are the closest to God. You set aside a specific time in your day when you spend one on one time with your Maker. You let nothing get in the way. You long for it. Your day is blessed because of it.

  • Consistent- During this time, you may not be beating people over the head with scripture references, but you sit with God each day and pray without ceasing. You are able to hear God when He speaks, or see Him throughout your day to day activities. Although you're busy, you are reminded of Him often.

  • Distant- Life gets in the way. We find ourselves drowning in our jobs, our families and sometimes even in church activities. Before you know it, you have floated so far away from God in the sea of life, you have trouble seeing Him. Unfortunately, when you find yourself in this season, it takes some time before you realize just how far you've drifted. You're too busy to notice.

Sound familiar? It does to me. I have lived in every single one. I would like to add one more to the mix. The season of BLAH. I'm there now. I'm not even sure how to describe it. I guess if I had to define this season using only one word, it would be nothing. I know how I ended up here. I flew in on the coat tail of my husband's recent illness. Due to his extensive medical issues over the past year, my family has gotten out of the habit of attending church and being involved each week. Don't get me wrong, I am not one that thinks church attendance equals salvation. It doesn't. However, for the first time in my life, I can see why it is so important to God for us to BELONG to a body of believers. When you allow yourself to drop the "habit" (for lack of a better word) of meeting together each week, satan will use that to slither himself into other areas of your walk.


So, spiritually I am in a very blah place. I do not like it here. It has to change. We will be at church this Sunday. Step one.


What season are you in?


No comments:

Post a Comment