Monday, January 16, 2012

the waiting room

*Edited to add: This poem was selected to be published in a book of poetry that will be released in March of 2012. I will provide the link to view it online, for any of my family members/friends who may be interested! *
This is another re-post from my family blog. I wrote this while waiting for God to bring my son home from Guatemala. The words are fitting for ANYONE who is waiting on God.





As I enter through the doorway
My heart is pounding in my chest
My knees are weak, my palms are wet
I do not feel ready for this test

The room is far from empty
There is a soul in every chair
Wondering if He's heard their cries
And listening for an answer to their prayers

I've never seen this room before
My life has been pretty smooth
But I was always told the time would come
To take my seat in the Waiting Room

So, here I am Lord, waiting for this child
He's in Your hands, he's happy
You've sent me glimpses of his smile
I'm waiting now for my turn to have him and know that he's my child

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds.."
I know that's what you ask of me, Lord
But I feel too weak this time

It seems like I've been in here forever
It's getting hard for me to breathe
Where are You, God? I need you!
Hear my earnest plea!

I am on my knees and praying
My face is on the ground
Just when I thought I was all alone
That's when I heard the sound

I looked up and I saw what looked like an ordinary man
He knelt beside me
Looked into my eyes
And offered me His hand

I had no choice but to take it
His voice filled my heart with peace
"Walk with me, child! I'm here with you
Let all your worries cease!"

"I know this time is hard for you
and you do not understand
Trust in me, stay close to me
I promise to fulfill my plan!"

"These months were not intended to harm you
You've done exactly what I'd hoped you would do
You brought me honor, glory and praise
throughout your time in the Waiting Room."

No comments:

Post a Comment