Saturday, January 7, 2012

there's something about mary...

I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Luke 1:38
... and I am NOT talking about Cameron Diaz! The Mary I am referring to is the mother of Jesus. I have thought a lot about her lately. For whatever reason, God has placed her on my heart. I thought I would write about her. We do not hear all that much about this Mary except at Christmas time. In her own way, like me, Mary was an adoptive mom. Although there are NUMEROUS differences between us, there are also a few similarities. Here are a few:
-God chose Mary to be a mother.
-The child she would soon raise was not the product of her
relationship with Joseph.
-Mary had to rely on God to tell her when the baby would be born.

In Luke chapter 1 beginning in verse 28, the angel approached Mary about God's plan for her. She was very afraid at first. She could not understand why God had chosen her. She was plain. A simple girl. I believe that's why He chose her. There was nothing extraordinary about her. She just loved Him every day. When the angel told her what was going to take place and how it would happen, Mary didn't ask any questions. Her response was simply , " I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." And that was the end of that.
That's the BIGGEST difference between me and this Mary. I rarely, (if ever), simply say “ok” to God without offering Him my two cents. I know that God wants to do extraordinary things in
my life. He wants that for all of His children. Could it be that God is waiting on me to have a heart like Mary? Is He waiting for me to simply say, “I am Your servant. May it be to me as You have said." My prayer for myself is that God will help me to trust Him the way Mary did. It definitely isn't something that comes naturally to me.
Thankfully He is a patient God!

Lord, create in me a heart like this Mary. I want to trust totally in Your plan for my life. I know that it is bigger and better than the plans I’ve made for myself. This begins with saying “ok” to You and Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment