Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GPS (God's Piloting System)


Whoever came up with the GPS is a genius! I never have to worry about getting lost with it in my car. There is only one thing I hate about it. THE WOMAN WHO TALKS TO YOU WHILE DRIVING! She's so annoying. And, heaven forbid you spontaneously choose another route. "Recalculating, recalculating, recalculating!" UGH!
Even though I cannot stand to hear the phrase, "recalculating," I do understand it's purpose. When you hear it, you know that you've made a wrong turn. Although you may still reach your destination by taking your own path, it is not the path that the GPS has selected for you. The route that the satellite computer draws out for you may not be the quickest, but you can drive comfortably knowing that you are not going to get lost.
We can very easily apply this same principle to our spiritual life. God has mapped out directions for all of us in His word. While He certainly will allow us to redirect ourselves and travel down a different road, He will not promise us a nice, quiet, safe trip. There will be many more road blocks, pot holes and traffic jams. And we will have to listen to the Holy Spirit urging us to "recalculate" around every corner. So, if you're looking for a more peaceful drive, I suggest you remain on the road God has paved for you!
I won't promise you a trouble free trip, but I am sure of one thing...you will NOT get lost!
Lord, you are the driver of my car! Thank you for your directions..now, help me to follow them!

No comments:

Post a Comment