Monday, January 2, 2012

blessing in disguise

I have stilled and quieted my soul. Psalm 131:2
I left work early today to pick up my son from school. If you've ever experienced the car line at an elementary school, you know how it can take an ETERNITY for you to actually get to your child. When I arrived, I immediately began to get irritated at the sight of the LONG line. I very grumpily pulled up behind the other cars and turned off my engine. "I cannot believe the amount of time I am about to waste sitting here in this line," I thought to myself.
And then I realized something.
It was quiet. No noise whatsoever. Silence. And boy, was it golden! I was almost afraid to move! I didn't want to scare it away. You see, in addition to being a mother of a five year old boy, I am a teacher in an elementary school classroom. Quiet is not a part of my day. EVER! So, for what turned out to be a brief moment in time, I was given the gift of peace, wrapped up in the package of a quiet car.
My, how my attitude changed. The very thing I looked at as a nuisance, became the best part of my day!
Thank You, Lord, for my gift today. I complain so often about the constant noise in my life, and yet I almost missed the blessing of a quiet car. Thank you for being so attentive to my needs. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment