Monday, May 7, 2012

i want to give you my heart

I talk so much about my five year old son, JP.  God has used him to teach me so much about Himself, and His unconditional love for me.  It is only natural that most of my writing material would come from his little life.

This morning, we were getting ready for church.  We attend an 11:15 service, so we rarely have to rush on Sunday morning, which is SO nice!  I was sitting on the couch watching television and eating a cinnamon bun when JP entered the room.  He crawled onto my lap and asked me to hold out my hand.  (Given his obsession with bugs, this made me a little nervous!)  I closed my eyes and unfolded my hand before him.  "Okay, mommy!  You can open your eyes now!"  JP anxiously exclaimed.  In the middle of my palm was a very tiny red heart.  "What is this, JP?"  I knew what it was, I just didn't understand why he was handing it to me. 

I melted in the wake of his declaration.  "Mommy, I wanted you to have my heart." 


I can only imagine how much sweeter these words sound when they fall onto the ears of our Heavenly Father...


Have you given Him your heart? 

No comments:

Post a Comment