Wednesday, May 2, 2012

good behavior

My son and I went to the grocery store this afternoon.  I have to admit, there was a time when I HATED having to carry him with me to the store.  Come on, moms!  You know what I'm talking about.  However, now that he's five years old, he is more of a help to me than anything.  He thinks that it's a big deal to help me put things in the buggy, and get things off the shelf.


While we were standing in line waiting for our turn to check out, I heard JP say, "thank you."  I turned quickly to look at him, because I could not imagine who he was speaking to.  A lady smiled at me and complimented his behavior.  She had given him a quarter to use in the machines by the door.  JP's face was still glowing when I asked him about his unexpected treasure!  He was so proud. 


After I paid for the groceries I walked him over to the little machine for him to claim his prize.  I took this time to talk to him about what took place.  I made sure he understood why he was given the quarter.  I reminded him of how important it is to be on our BEST behavior at all times.  We may not realize that we are being watched.  I also shared with him how God works that way at times.  He rewards our good behavior in His own way.  And often times when we least expect it.

As Christians, we can apply this same principle in our every day lives.  As God's children, we should be on our BEST behavior at all times!


Because Someone is always watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment