Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a lesson from oprah

I used to watch the Oprah show religiously.  Although my views in NO way line up with her philosophy on life, I still enjoyed watching her interviews.  I am using the past tense of my verbs because in the past few years, I have come to my senses and have begun watching Dr. Phil instead.



Even if you have not tuned in to WYFF at 4:00, surely you have heard of Oprah's Favorite Things!  It is a show she does once in a while where she introduces all of her "favorite things."  If you happen to be a guest in the audience on this particular day, you travel home with TONS of goodies.  Oprah gives one of EVERYTHING on her list to every guest in the studio. You can imagine the reactions of her audience! 


It looks a little something like this...  click here



Can you believe that?!  People are crying, passing out, one lady even "peed" on herself!  I have to be honest, I am not sure what it is Oprah gave away on this particular day.  I'll even admit that my interest is peeked.  What I can tell you is that whatever she wrapped up and delivered  does not compare to the Gift of salvation we've been given through Jesus!



"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 6:23





If Oprah's fans can go BONKERS over the prizes she gives away, surely we as Christians, can show a little excitement over our Savior!  At some point in our lives, we've all been a guest in God's studio.



What is your reaction to His gift?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great post! it really puts things into perspective! :)

    ReplyDelete