Friday, April 27, 2012

it's okay to NOT be okay

I was surfing through my family blog tonight in search of a few writing samples to submit, along with an application, to a blogging company.  I ran across several posts that I had forgotten about.


I wanted to share one of those with you.  Allow me to preface the entry...

Most of you know that my husband and I adopted our son from Guatemala.  I also have mentioned before that the months we spent waiting for his arrival were very painful.  Having said that, God used that time to teach me so much about Himself.  So, today I confess to you that I wouldn't trade that dreadful wait for anything in the world.

I have no way of knowing what you are going through at this time in your life.  Maybe you are on your mountain top and everything is going great.  However, if  you are camped out in a valley right now,  this post is designed JUST FOR YOU! 


I may not understand EXACTLY what you're going through, but I remember all too well the emotions that accompanied my stay in the valley.  The walls are very tall and intimidating.  My only advice to you would be to LOOK UP! 


God has not moved.


Click here  to read my account of when God reminded me that, as a Christian,  IT IS OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment