Tuesday, April 17, 2012

conversations with God

We boarded our cocker spaniel last weekend for the very first time. I can sum up our experience with one word. MISTAKE! She must have thought we completely abandoned her because she has since developed colitis! Yes, you heard me correctly. And if you are familiar with this gastrointestinal monster, you can imagine what this has meant for us at home! ACCIDENTS EVERYWHERE! UGH!


One positive thing that did develop through this dreadful ordeal is that I have been a cleaning machine! My floors have never been so clean! I worked all day today mopping floors, washing clothes, cleaning the bathroom and dusting. Sounds awful, huh? Actually it was nice.



I used that time to talk to God.


"Never stop praying" 1 Thessalonians 5:17
As Christians, we sometimes grow up with the misguided notion that we have to sit down, fold our hands and close our eyes in order to talk to God. Fortunately, that is not true. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that way. It's just not mandatory!
If it were, I might have missed out on a really wonderful conversation today, while cleaning my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment