Sunday, April 15, 2012

disappointed

My five year old son has had a HORRIBLE mouth lately! I have heard him tell me "NO!" more times this weekend than I have in the past year. And I do not mind telling you, it drives me insane! It's not like what I ask him to do is difficult. Usually, it has something to do with brushing his teeth, sharing toys with his cousin, or taking his toys from the living room and putting them back in his room where they belong. NOT HARD! Lately, however, everything turns into an issue.


Tonight, when I tucked him into bed I told him that I loved him more than anything in the world, but that I was really disappointed with the way he talked to me and his daddy. Of course his response quickly reminded me of why I'm so in love with him. He rolled over, smiled and said, "Mommy, I promise I'll try harder tomorrow." How sweet. Needless to say, all was forgiven and I held on to him a little bit longer until he peacefully drifted off to sleep.


" Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
Ephesians 4:29
When I tuck myself in to bed tonight, I should probably whisper the same thing to God. Father, I promise I'll try harder tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment