Thursday, December 1, 2011

mount up with wings like eagles



*The following is a re-post from my jpbeamer blog. I wrote it while I was waiting for my adoption to be over. I was waiting on JP and I was MISERABLE! I wanted to re post it for two reasons. 1) It means so much to me and represents a time in my life that I will never forget. 2) It is appropriate for this time in my life as well. I remember those LONG days of waiting, and at the time I thought it was the most painful thing I would ever go through. Unfortunately, I was wrong.*





There is a reason the Bible refers to eagles so many times. Did you know that during a storm eagles fly straight up in the air until they rise above it? It's not always easy for them. They struggle, but they never stop flying. Their goal is to get through it. How easy would it be for them to hide out somewhere in a tree or something? Avoiding the storm is not an option. With the wings God has given them, they fly right through it.When eagles get sick they fly to the top of a rock. Once there, they lie on their backs, spread their wings and allow the sun to beat down on their chest. The sun drains the poison out of their bodies.


Eagles are very smart birds. According to what I have learned about them, they are definitely smarter than me! The first thing they do when there's trouble is fly straight up. When they are not feeling well, they go straight to the rock. They understand where their energy comes from.I do not always do that. Sure, I know the Source of my power, but I do not always utilize it. I am in the middle of a storm right now and I am having trouble flying. I would rather hide out somewhere until it's over. How can I change this? I should probably start by planting myself on the Rock. While I'm there, I need to stand under the Son with outstretched arms and allow Him to fill me with His strength.That is my prayer for myself and all of my friends who are flying through this storm with me.


We need to find the Rock and place ourselves under the Son!

"..but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment