Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DO NOT FEED THE ALLIGATORS!!!

Recently my mom and I took my son to Hilton Head for a long weekend. It was awesome! The weather was beautiful and the ocean was breathtaking, as usual. The condo we stayed in was equally as nice.

I had only one concern while there...



These signs were EVERYWHERE! Literally, they were posted on every corner of the grounds. Apparently, the alligators made their home in every body of water within the resort. Before I go any further, I'll tell you that we did not end up seeing any alligators. Thank goodness!


One afternoon, JP and I went for a walk. He was a little apprehensive about walking around the lake. I explained to him how there was nothing to be afraid of. We just needed to be cautious. I went on to say that the only way we would be attacked by the alligator is if we actually jumped into the water.


How stupid would that be?! With all the signs and warnings, who in the world would do that? (You can probably imagine what God had to say to me at this point!)


As Christians, we DAILY tread alongside Satan's murky waters. They are so filthy, most of the time we are not able to see what lies beneath. We do not need to see...God can! He places signs all around us warning us not to swim. And yet, somehow we are surprised when we are snapped up into the jaws of the reptile!


DO NOT SWIM!

STAY CLEAR OF THE WATER!

DO NOT FEED THE ALLIGATORS!


It would serve us well to pay close attention to the signs! The price of wading in the water with Satan will cost you a lot more than a $10,000 fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment