Thursday, August 16, 2012

you never know


A few of my friends came over to my house last night.  I wish I could say that it was just a friendly visit.  The truth is, they were here to support me through a very difficult time.  Although it is NEVER appropriate to share all of my personal information with my online readers, I will just ask you to pray for my family.

And I will leave it at that.

My parent's live across the street and have a pool in their back yard.  That is where we sat for a few hours talking to one another.  Under different circumstances, it would have been such a beautiful night.  (Despite the mosquitoes!)  Anyway, when they stood to leave, we made sure we pushed all of the pool furniture up against the house.  This is what prompted my dear friend to make the following statement.

'We just really want to make sure these chairs don't blow into the pool.  I know they are not calling for rain, but you just never know when a storm might roll in."




And I began to cry.


How painfully true that is.  We, as Christians, have no way of knowing when the wind around us is going to pick up speed and turn our hearts and our world completely upside down.  Take it from me.... find the Anchor and secure yourself  against Him.


Otherwise, you are likely to drown.

No comments:

Post a Comment