But I definitely do.
You see, during the school year I work all day, come home, make dinner and do homework with my son. Afterwards, I watch a little television with my husband while JP showers or takes a bath. We read a book and they both go to sleep around eight o'clock (my husband gets up super early for work). Once both my boys are down for the night, I sit at the computer and write, write, write. I go to sleep and begin all over again the following day. It works. I feel productive.
However, the only word I can use to describe myself during the summer is L.A.Z.Y. I am a total mess! We stay up late at night and sleep in late every morning. I have not written the first word of a devotion ( to be published anyway, I have a couple saved on my computer) AND I have done absolutely NOTHING to either of my manuscripts. Awful, I know. I thought it would be nice to offer an explanation as to why this blog has been so pitiful.
Oh well, I guess that's how life goes, right?! I made all sorts of plans for myself and set several writing goals. Yet here I sit having done NOTHING. But you know what? I do not feel the least bit guilty about that. Mainly because I have done the following:
- Snuggled in the bed every morning with my son
- Watched Disney movies and Nickelodeon
- I've gone swimming almost every day with my son
- I've gone out on several "date nights" with my husband
- We've hiked/picnicked and gone to free movies
- I've gone to the lake with friends more than once
- I took my son to the beach for a week.
And in the end, that is all that matters.